What is Solfeg.io?
Do your students beg to play songs from artists like Dua Lipa, Olivia Rodrigo, Billie Eilish, and Justin Bieber? Of course, they do!
Solfeg.io is live, play-along music software and a lesson suite with dozens of popular songs. With it, music teachers can introduce students to music theory, history, guitar, ukulele, percussion, and more. All of the songs have been simplified for school use and are with clean lyrics.
The platform allows teachers to lead more engaging, hands-on, practical lessons at all grade levels online and in person. Introducing music through popular songs is a truly effective way to excite students about learning.
It's great for both online, in-person & hybrid teaching. After all, it was made so that everyone can learn no matter where they are.
The app, which offers a free version, has an appealing design with distinctive animations that scroll across the screen. Solfeg.io is an antidote to modern times. It goes beyond just learning and playing songs and creates a hands-on classroom vibe where students can feel heard and listened to.
It has all the essential features and more, so you’ll never need to jump between Youtube videos or print music sheets again
Positive results can already be seen after first lesson with Solfeg.io, however benefits are more visible with increased and regular usage.
Video & Screenshots
|Company||Business Name: Solfeg.io|
HQ Location: United States
|Age Range||5-7, 8-10, 11-13, 14-16, 17-18, 19+|
|Features||Interactive Song Player Curriculum Outline Lesson Plans Guided Tutorials Student Statistics Interactive QuizzesPopular Songs Performance Quality Backing TracksArrangementsGuitar TutorialsPiano Tutorials Ukulele TutorialsMusicGeneral MusicMusic Education|
|Requirements||Internet - High BandwidthDesktop - MacDesktop - WindowsDesktop - ChromebookDesktop - LinuxMobile - iPhoneMobile - iPadMobile - WindowsMobile - Android|
No download requered, simply log-in and start using the platfrom.
|Training||In PersonLive OnlineWebinarsDocumentationVideos|
|Support||EmailFAQs/ForumKnowledge Base24/7 Live Rep|
|Home Learning||Parent Access|
Anyone can create the account.
Free VersionFreemiumFree TrialPaid Subscription
Solfeg.io pricing starts from $9.99 / month
To see a price comparison, visit: https://solfeg.io/pricing
Compare Solfeg.io with...
from 4 Verified Reviews
Used Solfeg.io weekly for 3-4 years
With the use of Solfeg.io music lessons have become more modern and repertoire of songs offered in it is consistent with the tastes and different qualification levels of our students.
Ilona Aļļena found Solfeg.io:
- Significantly reduces teacher workload“The main advantage is – students can acquire the necessary song independently, without continuous teacher’s help”
- Significantly increases student collaboration“Now students see more clearly the connections between notes, chords, rhythm and learning to play a musical instrument - One must listen to the other. Music is a team effort”
- Significantly improves teaching efficiency“An interest about musical instruments and playing them (which is a crucial part of playing musical accompaniments) has increased visibly. Thanks to Solfeg.io, our school has purchased ukuleles, therefore, making our music lessons more alive and exciting.”
- Significantly improves behaviour or wellbeing“There is no time for negotiations because the rehearsal process is ongoing. They discuss among themselves, try to adjust the singing, rhythm and accompaniment”
- Significantly builds student knowledge“The students now see the connections between notes, accords, rhythm and learning to play a musical instrument more clearly.”
Chantelle van Niekerk
Used Solfeg.io occasionally for 0–3 months
Hoping Solfegio will incorporate songs from all over the world, not only mainstream Pop.
Chantelle van Niekerk found Solfeg.io:
- Slightly reduces teacher workload“My school has not yet purchased the full subscription for 2022, hoping they do for 2023! But it is very effective, it saves time on lesson plans, great ideas for lessons and relevant to my students.”
- Moderately increases student collaboration“Yes! The kids enjoys the content and the different ways to explore music.”
- Slightly improves teaching efficiency“It is an easier way to access lesson plans and find enjoyable lessons.”
- Not significantly improves behaviour or wellbeing“Behavior will always be a problem, especially in a free subject, like Music, Drama and Arts. Children tend to lose track.”
- Significantly builds student knowledge“Very in depth and students enjoy exploring.”
Used Solfeg.io weekly for 3-4 years
This program is a great help for teachers and motivates students to learn new skills.
Dace found Solfeg.io:
- Moderately reduces teacher workload“Thre are ready to use rhythmic examples. Do not have to write musical fragments by hand on a whiteboard. And accessible popular melodies.”
- Significantly increases student collaboration“Students are more ready to use technology and it seems to be easy understandable. Students can play instruments simultaneously by reading the examples together.”
- Moderately improves teaching efficiency“Students are more involved in the process and they can take more, using different senses.”
- Significantly improves behaviour or wellbeing“If pupils can choose a song they like, they automatically enjoy themselves while learning.”
- Moderately builds student knowledge“While following rhythmic ques, they acquire the sense of rythm. Also, there are more possibilities to learn different musical instruments.”
Music teacher in The school, age 14-19
Used Solfeg.io weekly for 5 years+
I cant find any small thing which isn’t perfect. A lot of upgrades all time. 👍 One thing- sometimes tempo isn’t monotone because of internet connection. That’s it
Ginta Ozola found Solfeg.io:
- Significantly reduces teacher workload“We sing and play togeather using solfeg.io There are a lot of beautiful, new and modern songs, partituras etc”
- Significantly increases student collaboration“They are playing in small orchestra, using partituras from solgef.io”
- Significantly improves teaching efficiency“I cant find so many new songs, make partituras without support from this team”
- Significantly improves behaviour or wellbeing“Students collaborate, it’s make good atmosphere in the class”
- Significantly builds student knowledge“I like to grow up doing it with love, funny- just play. And stopping for small theory breaks when it needed. Solfeg.io is perfect for that”