What is Eedi?
Eedi's hybrid solution combines an intelligent adaptive learning platform and tutors to help close 92% of knowledge gaps to maximise teacher time, motivate students and improve results.
Hundreds of millions of children are affected by a lack of personalisation in education, limiting their ability to learn and excel.
Teachers are a stretched resource and there are growing shortages worldwide. Technology has so far failed to deliver and a growing private tuition market only serves to drive home the shortcomings of mainstream systems widening the gap between those who can and cannot afford it.
Eedi is trusted by over 160,000 teachers in 19,000 schools around the world. We are a free learning platform that combines best-in-class pedagogy, technology and a network of qualified tutors to close 95% of knowledge gaps, saving you time and money.
✅ Personalised learning and AI-powered indepedent practice that's as effective as 1:1 tuition
✅ Powered by Diagnostic Questions
✅ Chat with expert maths teachers in 10-seconds!
Eedi is as effective as 1:1 tuition, but for 8% of the cost. Students can get homework help and study support on demand for as they need with qualified UK-based maths teachers. All teachers are DBS checked, are available for 9am-8pm, 7 days a week to help you, help your students.
95% of students resolve misconceptions and close knowledge gaps!
"We designed Eedi to support the wonderful work you do in classroom. Together we can help your students reach their full potential." Craig Barton, Leading UK maths teacher, best-selling author & co-founder of Eedi
At least once a week.
|Company||Business Name: Eedi|
HQ Location: United Kingdom
|Age Range||8-10, 11-13, 14-16|
|Features||Live Tutor SupportPersonalised PathwaysPowerful AnalyticsFormative AssessmentIndependent LearningParent HubTeacher HubStudent HubPersonalised Student FeedbackAi-powered LearningCurriculum MappingAflDifferentiationInterventionRevisionMotivational FeaturesAutomated Marking|
|Requirements||Internet - Low BandwidthDesktop - MacDesktop - WindowsDesktop - ChromebookDesktop - LinuxMobile - iPhoneMobile - iPadMobile - WindowsMobile - Android|
|Support||EmailFAQs/ForumKnowledge BasePhone Support24/7 Live Rep|
|Home Learning||Parent Access|
Anyone can create the account.
Free VersionPaid Subscription
Eedi is free for everyone.
Our paid-for Plus accounts bring an extra layer of support and motivation for the students who need it most. Pay by month or the year, and cancel at any time.
For full pricing, visit this page https://eedi.com/pricing
Compare Eedi with...
from 8 Verified Reviews
Director of Mathematics
Used Eedi weekly for 7–12 months
As a teacher I find it easy to use, it saves me time, it provides support for all students in homework tasks and ICT based lessons, builds independent learning skills in students, motivates students (prize draws), and involves parents - what more can we ask?
Rebecca Kirkman found Eedi:
- Significantly saves school money“There is no subscription for EEDI and so we may not renew other subscriptions later this year (possible saving of £500). We also use EEDI Tutor Plus to provide catch up intervention for 100 students for 12 months - we couldn't support this many students with other tutor-type interventions.”
- Moderately reduces teacher workload“1) Setting a homework task that is diagnostic allows you to save time on planning "checking prior knowledge" lessons, particularly at the beginning of KS4 units. You can pitch where to start a unit of work much more effectively. 2) Using EEDI for a lesson in a computer room allows many students to receive help/guidance within the lesson, far more than an individual teacher. It often happens that within a lesson EEDI can target 100+ misconceptions. The analysis afterwards allows me to target the remaining few misconceptions in my next lesson. This is usually done as an alternative starter activity for the specific students that need it. 3) Using EEDI Tutor Plus has reduced teacher workload as most students are able to complete the intervention at home, either independently or with parent support. This has reduced the need for teachers to work during lunchtimes and after-school. This time is now targeted at students who need the support/guidance in school.”
- Slightly reduces attainment gap“I do think that there will be a positive impact on the attainment gap. We piloted the software with two sets in the spring/summer terms 2021-22. It has now been rolled out to all year groups. We are just finishing our first assessment cycle so analysis will be available shortly.”
- Significantly improves teaching efficiency“As above: 1) Setting a homework task that is diagnostic allows you to save time on planning "checking prior knowledge" lessons, particularly at the beginning of KS4 units. You can pitch where to start a unit of work much more effectively. 2) Using EEDI for a lesson in a computer room allows many students to receive help/guidance within the lesson, far more than an individual teacher. It often happens that within a lesson EEDI can target 100+ misconceptions. The analysis afterwards allows me to target the remaining few misconceptions in my next lesson. This is usually done as an alternative starter activity for the specific students that need it. 3) Using the White Rose Homework tasks is quick, easy and efficient at KS3”
- Significantly builds student knowledge“One of the sets that we piloted EEDI with from February 2022 made and average of 0.8 grades of progress during the year. Some of this progress is down to using EEDI as it targets students' conceptual understanding rather than procedural understanding”
Used Eedi weekly for 1-2 years
It helps me and the students work much more effectively
Conor found Eedi:
- Slightly saves school money“Great tool at almost zero cost”
- Moderately reduces teacher workload“Setting homework and reviewing work is easy and fast”
- Moderately improves teaching efficiency“I can spend more time seeing areas of weakness and addressing them much quicker than marking a book at a time”
- Moderately improves attainment“Pupils are able to see areas of weakness much easier and can tackle them quicker”
- Significantly builds student knowledge“Eedi helps students learn with quick lessons when they get questions wrong”
Used Eedi weekly for 0–3 months
It has reduced my workload, has initiatives which students can engage with on a more user-friendly package. Well done :)
Colin Gent found Eedi:
- Moderately saves school money“The academy used to subscribe to Hegarty Maths. No longer.”
- Significantly reduces teacher workload“As the eedi monitors and supports students, there is little engagement with teachers apart from setting and collating results.”
- Significantly improves teaching efficiency“As the eedi AI is dealing with students queries, this has freed up teacher time.”
- Slightly improves attainment“There has not been enough feedback or linking students to results for a judgement yet.”
- Significantly builds student knowledge“As topics selected for students to do for homework tie into current classroom topics it strengthens students understanding of the topic.”
Used Eedi weekly for 1-2 years
It has proven to be an effective way of engaging children with some of them developing healthy routines: taking a 'little and often' approach to Maths. The Ultimate Scheme of Work provides an abundance of quizzes that can be used both in lessons and for homework.
Elaine Prendiville found Eedi:
- Slightly saves school money
- Significantly reduces teacher workload“Setting homework could not be easier. There's no marking to be done and extension work is instantly available. These time saving features significantly reduce teacher workload.”
- Significantly improves teaching efficiency“Misconceptions are easy to spot, making it easy to address issues; popular misconceptions can be called up on the screen with the press of a button. This allows for worthwhile thought and discussion in the classroom.”
- Significantly improves attainment“Children have reported that it has been very helpful working at their own pace and taking lessons in areas that they find difficult. It has been useful in boosting their confidence which has an impact on progress.”
- Significantly builds student knowledge“It has been really helpful for clearing up misconceptions while they are doing the homework.”
Used Eedi daily for 3-4 years
EEDI is regularly improving and is the only online resource that gives such detailed feedback about pupils misconceptions and misunderstandings - we love it
Natan found Eedi:
- Moderately saves school money“At the moment the way we use it saves us time as it is a great way of quickly identifying mistakes and misconceptions in a way that teachers do not have the capacity to do - on a large scale and with instant results.”
- Significantly reduces teacher workload“EEDI can be set as homework and gives instant feedback to both the students and teachers about what we need to focus our attention on. We are also using it to assess our students at the end of specific schemes of work and the instant marking and feedback has been incredibly useful”
- Significantly improves teaching efficiency“The instant feedback and ability to truly understand why students are making certain mistakes is invaluable and means our teachers know where to focus their feedback”
- Moderately improves attainment“Students that have been using EEDI regularly have been improving within lessons and are making less mistakes when they are doing similar tasks”
- Significantly builds student knowledge“The video lessons are brilliant and are created using proper rigorous pedagogy that means we as teachers can trust that students are learning in a proper and efficient way”
Pathway Lead and Teacher
Used Eedi monthly for 1-2 years
I introduced Eedi to the whole of our secondary pathway as in its original form it allowed teachers to check the knowledge of their learners. The improved version goes much further and helps support learners to understand where they make mistakes. The learners also like the idea of the avatars and personalising their profile.
Geraldine found Eedi:
- Not significantly saves school money“It means that we do not have to buy too many additional resources to use with learners”
- Moderately reduces teacher workload“I can use Eedi to set exam type questions easily without having to trawl through past papers to find some.”
- Significantly improves teaching efficiency“Eedi allows me to see how students are progressing without having to spend lots of time on analysis as it does it for you. It also provides reasons for possible mistakes made by learners.”
- Moderately improves attainment“The new version helps by providing recap sessions to learners if they fail to answer a question correctly.”
- Moderately builds student knowledge“Through the explanations and recap videos when questions are answered incorrectly.”
Lead Practitioner of Mathematics
Used Eedi weekly for 4-6 months
The rewards through coins and competitions make the platform engaging for students, the content is good and the staff are very helpful.
Steven Ladley found Eedi:
- Significantly saves school money“We are using it as a part of our numeracy intervention programme so it is cheaper than one on one tuition.”
- Significantly reduces teacher workload“Eedi suggests topics to pupils based on their weaknesses that it identifies so that saves me having to set specific work.”
- Significantly improves teaching efficiency“Eedi allows you to download a feedback of work completed by each student so this can be fed back to parents.”
- Significantly improves attainment“The one on one tutor help on the premium service is very good. The diagnostic questions and videos help pupils with areas of weakness.”
- Significantly builds student knowledge“The videos explain topics well and having the live tutor on hand means pupils are never stuck for too long.”
Lead Practitioner of Mathematics
Used Eedi weekly for 4-6 months
Great service, good incentives for pupils through coins and competitions, helpful staff.
Steven Ladley found Eedi:
- Significantly saves school money“We use it as part of our numeracy intervention programme so it is much cheaper than paying for one on one in person support”
- Significantly reduces teacher workload“I do not have to plan specific practice for students as the programme suggests work to them based on the work they complete”
- Moderately improves teaching efficiency“We intend to use the analysis for parent feedback and it is quick and easy to download.”
- Significantly improves attainment“Pupils are given help through the live tutor feature on the premium service.”
- Significantly builds student knowledge“Diagnostic questions and videos that help pupils as well as the one on one support.”