What is Firefly Learning?
Firefly is the secure, collaborative platform for schools. Simplifying school communications, lesson management and progress tracking, Firefly engages the whole school community and ensures that everyone can keep learning, whatever the circumstances.
Used by primary and secondary state, independent and international schools worldwide, Firefly enables schools to upload, create and share content with other teachers and students, set homework / coursework tasks and mark online.
The Firefly Parent Portal enables schools to communicate everything with parents, including progress reports, student timetables and teachers assessments
Firefly is incredibly easy to use, simply drag content onto a page or into a task, with quick adoption across the school, and reduced time and costs for training. You can choose from the Firefly LMS, Firefly Parent Portal or the Firefly on Teams product which supports learners more effectively on Microsoft Teams.
|Business Name: Firefly Learning
HQ Location: United Kingdom
|0-4, 5-7, 8-10, 11-13, 14-16, 17-18
|Parent PortalLesson ManagementProgress TrackingSet HomeworkMark OnlineStudent TimetablesTeacher AssessmentsMicrosoft Teams IntegrationGoogle Classroom Integration
|Internet - Low BandwidthInternet - High BandwidthDesktop - MacDesktop - WindowsDesktop - Chromebook
Internet access, integration with school's MIS (desired).
|In PersonLive OnlineDocumentation
We offer training courses both online and in school. These are run by our expert trainers and offer a great way to introduce your staff to Firefly, top up your knowledge or learn to use the latest features.
|FAQs/ForumKnowledge BasePhone Support
School must create the account.
The Firefly Parent Portal brings school leaders, teachers, students and families into one seamless ecosystem, meeting the modern digital requirements of today.
Firefly Learning Pricing
Free TrialPaid Subscription
For 14 days, we provide you with a pre-populated trial site for "Maple Hill School" which you can explore as a teacher, student and parent.
You'll also be able to try our Firefly for Teachers and Firefly for Students apps on iOS and Android.
Compare Firefly Learning with...
Firefly Learning Reviews
from 2 Verified Reviews
I use Firefly for everything: teaching, testing, marking, informing parents, reporting, the school calendar, timetable and planning. The only paperwork I carry around is a small diary!
Jo found Firefly Learning:
- Significantly reduces teacher workload“Resources posted on Firefly are easily updated, providing an online program of study that can be used and reused.”
- Significantly improves teaching efficiency“Pupil work and assessments can be easily uploaded to Firefly and marked online. Feedback goes directly to students and is saved in an online mark book.”
- Significantly improves school processes“Parent communication is streamlined as all resources can be made readily available by posting them on Firefly.”
- Significantly improves parent engagement“Online Parents Evenings have enabled more parents to attend as they can join the conversation from work or home.”
- Significantly improves attainment“The range of resources that can be posted on Firefly, including examples such as revision quizzes, videos and presentations, enables students to access learning in a way that suits them.”
The system is simple to use so the teacher can concentrate on pedagogy and the support Firefly offer if you have any queries is excellent.
James Hoyle found Firefly Learning:
- Significantly reduces teacher workload“Collaborative curriculum planning, collection of homework, self-marking quizzing, reduced time photocopying.”
- Significantly improves teaching efficiency“Online resources accessible to pupils anywhere, anytime”
- Significantly improves school processes“We use Firefly to keep parents informed about pupil progress and we can also use it to aid processes such as Year 7 and 12 enrollment.”
- Moderately improves parent engagement“Where parents choose to they can keep informed about homework that has been set and any achievement or behaviour points that have been accumulated.”
- Moderately improves attainment“When Firefly is used effectively it has the potential to aid improved attainment through improved parent/school partnerships, access to higher quality resources for students, enhanced learning activities and better diagnostic data for the teacher.”